Vray Vector Displacement?

Bernd.B

Vray Vector Displacement?

Post by Bernd.B » 2 October 2011, 21:43

Hello all,

like in the subject i want to use vector displacement maps in vray. The problem is that i don't know how to bind them in 3ds max. in mud box i can extract the vector displacement maps. but how to go on? in the rollout maps of the vraymtl i can add a map for displacement. the most sense will be bitmap or especially vector displacement and within choosing the map. but i can also use instead of vraymtl, vrayvectordisplbake material but not able to choose a map, only geometry. but none of them works. wheres the error? searching the web also seems to be hopeless. hope u can help me.
any idea?

thanks a lot

cecofuli
Site Admin
Are you Human?: Yes

Re: Vray Vector Displacement?

Post by cecofuli » 3 October 2011, 13:58

Hi,
have you see here?

Bernd.B

Post by Bernd.B » 12 October 2011, 21:48

cecofuli wrote:Hi,
have you see here?
hello and thanks for fast answering.

i have seen the post on the chaos group forum but its not really helpful. vlado will post a workflow soon, actual there are no good results. maybe theres another solution for my problem. the reason for taking vector displacement map is the restriction of 8 bit in the displacement map. i extract the displacement map in mudbox an after rendering there u can see these "stairs" because theres not enough different in the greyscales. but i can't extract more than 8 bit and vector displacement didn't work at the moment. any ideas?

Sacha.L
Are you Human?: Yes

Post by Sacha.L » 9 December 2011, 16:27

Bernd.B wrote:
cecofuli wrote:Hi,
have you see here?
hello and thanks for fast answering.

i have seen the post on the chaos group forum but its not really helpful. vlado will post a workflow soon, actual there are no good results. maybe theres another solution for my problem. the reason for taking vector displacement map is the restriction of 8 bit in the displacement map. i extract the displacement map in mudbox an after rendering there u can see these "stairs" because theres not enough different in the greyscales. but i can't extract more than 8 bit and vector displacement didn't work at the moment. any ideas?
hey... you can take a look at http://www.spot3d.com/vray/help/maya/15 ... cement.htm
It's for maya but should work in the same way for max...